Do numbness and stiffness in the back and chest post car accident, require medical attention?
Start with a cervical spine MRI.
As a Neurosurgeon at a national trauma centre, I see often patients who sustained minor car accidents and presented with symptoms similar to yours and, yes, there may be a relationship between the accident and your symptoms.
Your condition needs definitely an evaluation by a spine Specialist/Neurosurgeon and an MRI to assess any herniated disc disease, spinal cord contusion, instability of your cervical spine.
On the other hand, I don't see a reason to go to the ER.
Treatment depends on the diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Erion Spaho, Neurologist, Surgical
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower back stiff penis numb getting erections and ejaculating remedy
- Back shoulders chest stiff
- Leg stiff foot numb
- Numbness in back after accident
- Stiff neck and numb head
- What medication be taken for lower back pain and stiffness
- Chest and back stiffness day after alcohol
- Numbness in chest and back
- Stiff neck stiff back concerta
- Stiff neck upper back and light headed head feels numb