Do less fetal movements with anterior placenta require a medical consultation?
Yes important to count fetal movements
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Yes, it is very important to keep track of fetal movements.
An anterior placenta decreases the sensitivity of perception of fetal movements, but still, it is important to maintain DFMC, daily fetal movement count.
After breakfast, after lunch, and after dinner, after each meal, lie down on the left side and count movements for one hour.
Total of these three hours should be at least ten movements.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further
For fetal movement count, movements can be both light/ hard or it should b hard one
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How common is an anterior placenta
- Anterior placenta longitudinal and not lowlying
- Grade ii anterior placenta
- Anterior placenta and fetal gender
- Gender and fundal anterior placenta
- Is intercourse safe in anterior placenta
- Fundal margin of anterior placenta
- Fundal anterior placenta complications
- Upper anterior placenta
- High anterior placenta and contractions
- Hymen not ruptured. Can I insert finger in the vagina?
- Want to conceive, have fundal subseraus fibroid. What kind of treatment...
- Pregnant. Having ovarian cyst. Has nausea and vomiting. Prescribed folic...
- Increasing red spots on abdomen since hysterectomy. Had been for...
- Had 3 times intercourse within a cycle. Took postinor and used...
- Is it safe to use contraceptive pills like i pill? Side effects?
- Had menorrhagia. Ultrasound showed uterus enlarged. Treatment?
- Had D&C and hysterscopic procedure. Prescribed Tranexamic acid. Having...
- Pregnant, in third trimester, advised 4d scan. Will it cause any harm to...
- Looking for help for Pemphigoid Bullous in throat, mouth and hands?