Do hyperechoic nodules in each thyroid lobe of 6mm and 3mm respectively require surgical removal?

Question
My name is Grace Koo 66 years old. My right side neck has a pain, ultrasound found a small hyperechoic nodule in each lobe of the thyroid gland measuring 6 mm on the right and 3 mm on the left. it is been more than year, do I need to remove it? Endo doctor said that evaluate it one year later. pls advise me since i have a pain on that right side of the neck. thanks. Grace Koo
Tue, 15 May 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Yes, it can be evaluated later

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through your query. So small thyroud nodules are frequently detected incidently and are of little significance unless more than a cm in size. I will advice a repeat evaluation after 6 months. As of now, no need to remove it. Till then, there is nothing to worry.
Thanks and regards