Do bad cold and cough, high fever and body ache in elderly require immediate attention?
The medications he is on now are Plaquenil, Flomax Simvastatin , Volaren and medication for Reflux
antihistamines and nebulizer with steroids
Hello and welcome in HCM
I can understand your concern
According to the history it might be a viral situation.
Usually we recommend to take paracetamol and liquids in such conditions. If you have nebulizer he can do it with steroids like Clenil.And he can take antihistamines orally one tb if you have at home (desloratadine )
If he feels breathlessness than probably the medical help is needed in ER.If not than no worries it will pass after 3-5 days.
Hope to have been helpful
Regards and feel free to ask me again
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fever with cold feet body ache
- High fever headache body aches now fever is gone but have cough and wheezing
- High fever and strong body aches symptoms of what
- High fever body aches tired
- High fever body aches headache
- Suggest treatment for fever with cold and body ache
- High fever chills body ache fatigue
- Coughing and bad body aches
- Cough body aches no fever
- What is the treatment for high fever and body ache
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?