Do antibiotics influence the result of a blood test for IgG, IgA, gamma globulin and M protein?
IgA, IgG, and IgM are measured together. That way, they can give doctors important information about immune system functioning, especially relating to infection or autoimmune disease.
Due to this fact, it’s better to have the exams after the antibiotics for your respiratory infection, because you may have false results like the increasing count of immunoglobulins.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Esmeralda Sera,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gamma globulin fraction
- Low gamma globulin causes
- Pinworms and gamma globulin
- Immune gamma globulin deficiency
- Increased gamma globulin causes
- Hepatitis gamma globulin
- Gamma globulin deficiency
- Gamma globulin injection painful
- What is gamma globulin disease
- Gamma globulins and electrophoresis problems