Do Sucralfate, Ranitidine, Pantoprazole and Promethazine directly interact with each other?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 11 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am onSucralfate 1mg 5xday, Ranitidine HCL 150mg 2x a day, PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM 40mg 1 at bed,and Promethazine HCL 25mg forNausea and vomiting
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do you have acid reflux?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for contacting us.

I have reviewed your information. While the disease condition for which you are being treated is not stated, am highly suspicious of an acid reflux disease. Your treatment is well adapted and there are no possible interactions between them.

If there is a specific issue you want us to touch on, please kindly point it out clearly as your question doesn't seem very specific.

I wish you a speedy recovery. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 4 hours later
No I do not have acid reflux,I have had no burning in my throat ,and no kind of burning in it ,or spit up any
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
So why is your doctor giving you all thos medications?

Detailed Answer:

Can you please tell me why you are receiving these medications?

Hope to hear from you!
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 6 hours later
Be cause of my ulcers ,I have had 3holes that had to be Cauterized before ,with no waring but pain under my ribs ,with no acid reflux
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
That's fine. It a good treatment for that as well!

Detailed Answer:

Your medications show an aggressive management of acid problems. That could be reflux or ulcers. It appears to be ulcers in your case. Keep on with the treatment. It remains elusive why you have minimal pain though with bleeding ulcers.Also, I will suggest that you always take your drugs as prescribed since symptoms may always be misleading.

I wish you a speedy recovery. I wish you well. Always feel free to share any concerns with me a they arise for insights and guidance!