Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Difficulty in retracting the foreskin of the penis. Circumcision needed?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
hi I am 24 i am not circimcised, and can never see the head of my penis even when I erect. I know theres men that say are not circumcised and can still see their head, when they retract their foreskin back. So can I pull back my foreskin or does it need to be partialy cut.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 12 hours later

Thanks for the query.

It is a common one amongst young men like you.

There is no harm to pull back the skin over the head of the penis. You can do it slowly day by day. In fact you have to keep the area under the skin hygienic by cleaning with water daily during bath.

If you are able to pull then you can see the head and clean it. However, if you cannot pull it back then the local doctor can assist you, else you need a cut to pull it back. This procedure is simple and is a day procedure. This is done by General Surgeon / Urologist.

Hope this answers the query.

Dr Rajiv Goel.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor