Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with lazy eye. Using eye glasses for blurred vision. Looking for safe remedy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1171 Questions
My daughter’s left eye is always blurry. She now has eye glasses to help correct her left eye and she has to patch the left eye. What is disturbing and I am very worried about is that she has episodes that last a few minutes to hours where she sees everything up close (only from left eye. Right eye is not affected). She is 11 years old and this has been going on for 2 years. Doctors only diagnosed her having lazy eye. She misses a lot of school because of her episodes. (I call them episodes) I need a doctor to help her. She had blood work and a mri. The results were normal. Maybe the doctors overlooked something?? She is very slim too.
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
The mode of management in such cases is patching the right eye,the better eye.Then all the load is on left eye starts to improve.With good treatment the best speed of recovery is about one line on the reading chart every 6 weeks.
Your child has been diagnosed in the XXXXXXX of time because as the age advances the the speed of recovery slows down.
Things have to be managed properly in consultation with the orthoptist so that studies are not affected.
Look after her diet so that weakness is taken care of.
please do get back to me in case of any further query you may have in this regard.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor