Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with Klebsiella pneumoniae. Having Penile discharge. Medications?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
I have Recently Been diagnosed with Klebsiella pneumoniae, That derived from a hospital stay i had a few Months back. I was having a Penile discharge for several weeks and The culture tests came back positive for the Klebsiella.

I was wondering What medications are used to treat This condition and If ciprofloxin was a option to be used for this disease. Thanls XXXXX
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.
Cephalosporins like cefixime will be better than ciprofloxacin.

You can start with cephalosporins, but the best thing is to do culture and sensitivity for organism.
As klebsiella has acquired resistance to many drugs.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor