Got widal test done. What are the findings?

Posted on Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Infections
Question: am an mtech student in north India ,i wanted to ask that i got widal test done and below are the results,can you please confirm am I having typhoid.
sal T O 1:160 DILUTION
SAL T H 1:160
SAL PT A 1:40
SAL PT B 1:20
REPORT SAYS ITS POSITIVE,but I need some expert advice.
thanking you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sal H 1:200, Sal O 1:100 is positive

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Your report is positive for typhoid fever. This is suggested by the widal test results sent by you.

The Sal T O stands for salmonella typhi O and Sal T H stands for salmonella typhi H.
The Sal T H titer should be 1: 160 to 200 to be positive.
The Sal T O titer should be more than 1: 100 to be positive.
Sal PT A and B stands for salmonella paratyphi A and B for which your report is negative.

Please get in touch with your GP for appropriate therapy.
Wishing you speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Answered by
Dr. Roopa Hiremath

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 877 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Salmonella

doctor1 MD

What are the possible side effects of lumerex tablet. I was prescribed that for malaria. I want to know if it causes hair fall? I usually don t...

doctor1 MD

My 9 year old daughter is suffering from severe abdominal cramps. I believe it may be salmonella, as we have small turtles. She barely eats,...

doctor1 MD

HI My baby is 6 months old and has 5-6 pus cells , 2-3 RBC and undigested food present. She was mostly breast fed and due to green frothy stool...

doctor1 MD

I am 24 years old female.. I was suffering from fever but after a week i went for a widal test.. Salmonella Typhi Ó & H has come 1:40 positive &...

doctor1 MD

My Son recently got fever, cold and diarrhea Doctor gave him Taxim-o, Baby gesic, SInarest , Zinc suspension He also asked us to do stool culture...

doctor1 MD

For only one day. on friday UsG abdomen done aorta and ivc normal yesterday typhoid widal test positive salmonella typhi o 1:80and salmonella typhi...

doctor1 MD

My daughter had her first unprovoked seizure two months back...all her blood results were normal....but she was hospitalised for 2 days and then...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

124 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction