Dear Sir, Kindly opine on attached histopath report. D&C done

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2018 in Women's Health
Question: Dear Sir,
Kindly opine on attached histopath report.
D&C done
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through the attached report and would like to offer my opinion.

The histopathology findings are suggesting an endometrial polyp with features seen in the benign case. The thick vessels, cellular complexity and the enhanced glandular presence point to the enhanced estrogen activity that may have been responsible for the development of the polyp. No evidence of malignancy is observed.

The histopathology examination should also give a report on the surrounding endometrium for better comparision. Perhaps the specimen provided did not contain enough normal endometrial tissue apart from the polyp.

Please correlate clinically and get the follow up.

Hope you find this information useful. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng