Dear Sir, Kindly opine on attached histopath report. D&C done
Kindly opine on attached histopath report.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have gone through the attached report and would like to offer my opinion.
The histopathology findings are suggesting an endometrial polyp with features seen in the benign case. The thick vessels, cellular complexity and the enhanced glandular presence point to the enhanced estrogen activity that may have been responsible for the development of the polyp. No evidence of malignancy is observed.
The histopathology examination should also give a report on the surrounding endometrium for better comparision. Perhaps the specimen provided did not contain enough normal endometrial tissue apart from the polyp.
Please correlate clinically and get the follow up.
Hope you find this information useful. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?