Dear Doctors, I had protected sex and unprotected oral sex
1. 23 days of exposure - STD Tests for Vdrl, HSV2, HIV 1&2 (4th generation combi),Chlamydia. Results: Non-reactive
2. 15 weeks of exposure - Full medical checkup including Vdrl, Hep B, HIV 1&2 (4th generation ECLIA). Result: Non-Reactive
# The Dr told me that all my STD tests are conclusive and no further test is required. She told me to promise her not to do STD test again. But due to anxiety and i felt muscle aches i still cannot rule out STD. I even asked the escort agent regarding the status of the girl and they said the girl is clean and safe and had udergo regular medical checkup specially for STD. But still i felt body aches and sometimes itchy on my body. I seek advised from the Dr and she asked me to seek advise from the therapist. Then i went to the therapist and still continue with therapist until today.
3. 20 weeks of exposure (5 month). Due to anxiety and symptoms i go directly to the lab which previously performed the STD test. I get tested again for STD through blood vein for HSV1, HSV2, HIV 1&2(4th Generation Combi elecsys), VDRL, Chlamydia, Hep A, B & C. Result : HSV1 reactive and the others non reactive. I took the result and show to the GP (previous GP) and she said Oral Herpes is common and no medicine required unless there's lession/blister at my mouth.
# At 7 months I still felt inflammation of muscle and keep consult with the GP. Taking Arcoxia and Celebrex but still feel the inflammation. She then ask me to test for auto-immune disease and after 2 weeks the result came back normal.
# Due to my anxiety i have joined many STD forums such as CDC,The Body including get advise from Dr. Hook, Dr. H.Hunter Handsfield, Dr XXXXXXX and partners. From the forum all of them said my HIV tests are conclusive.
1. Can i say my HIV test conclusive? If it conclusive then why the muscle inflammation started after my last encounter. I also had done some research for oral herpes and rare cases it can cause muscle aches usually lession/blister at oral and for HSV2 at the genital area.
2. Do i need further test?
3. I knew there's a little to no risk for oral sex as saliva will inhibit the virus. but can i say my STD test conclusive?
4. Have you ever seen 5months negative turn positive at 6 months? I had read some cases there's some late seroconversion but due to immunesuppressive - etc cancer
5. I knew very well no test is 100% but i got confused as some said 28 days is conclusive, some said 90 days, then 180 days and 1 year. I had done some research and the window period depends on the test equipment (First gen till 4 th generation) where 3th gen only reliable at 90 days (antibodies) but In my case they have used the 4th generation test which detect both P24 Antigen + Antibodies. I even called the laboratory manager at their HQ to confirmed which test equipment they used for HIV and he said 4th generation test elecsys combi PT Assay.
STD ruled out, conclusive.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
1. Your STD tests are conclusive. HSV1 is not said to be especially sexually transmitted but can be transmitted with saliva and 99% of people have it since kids.
2. You don't need further tests.
3 . STD tests are conclusive.
4. Late seroconversion is extremely rare after 5 months especially in low immunity, chemotherapy or cancer patients .
5. Any generation tests should have come positive after 5 months.
You should remove your thoughts of STD.
You should consult an rheumatologist because your symptoms may be related to rheumatoid disease and especially fybromyalgia. The time when symptoms started may be a coincidence that started after your encounter with escorte.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
1. Any suggestion what medicine do i need to take to reduce the inflammation?
You can use turmeric and magnesium supplements.
Hello again dear.
Both fybromyalgia and anxiety may be possible. Of course you can use natural supplements that reduce inflammation like turmeric supplements, mangesium and zinc supplements.
Let me know if I can assist you further.