Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Dead skin all over body. Any permanent cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
i have too much of dry skin, with that i can see all the dead skin will be seen like a dandruff through out the body? what shall i need to do it for cure permanently?
Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are facing can be xerosis ,ichthyosis.
It can be congenital /acquired .
Before suggesting treatment I would like to know-
Do you have it since birth(childhood) or acquired it later?
Do you have any other health issues /problems?
Are you on any drugs?
Which part of the body are affected and which are spared?
Can you upload photos of the affected area?

Answer the questions and upload the photos and we can continue the discussion here.
Till the time you can apply a good quality moisturizer like Venusia lotion twice daily.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Dead skin all over body. Any permanent cure? 2 minutes later
i have since childhood, i wont use any drugs. dryskin is throughout the complete body.

i dont have any other health issues.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi Again,
Thanks for the details.
I still cannot see your photos.
Description along with history since childhood suits the diagnosis of ichtyosis vulgaris.

Ichthyosis vulgaris is a genetic condition.
It can worsen in winter season.
You need to apply VENUSIA XXXXXXX cream daily once in morning.
Apply XERINA cream over hands and feet every night.
Use OILATUM bathing liquid 10 drops to your bathing water.Taking bath with it will automatically moisturize your skin.This will avoid flaking.

Few drugs like Acetretin can give you long time relief.
Also few procedures like electroporation with essential fatty acids can give you relief for 3-4 months with one sitting.
The prescription drugs and procedures can be done at dermatology clinics.
Consult a qualified dermatologist for the same.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor