Dead skin all over body. Any permanent cure?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i have too much of dry skin, with that i can see all the dead skin will be seen like a dandruff through out the body? what shall i need to do it for cure permanently?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX ,
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are facing can be xerosis ,ichthyosis.
It can be congenital /acquired .
Before suggesting treatment I would like to know-
Do you have it since birth(childhood) or acquired it later?
Do you have any other health issues /problems?
Are you on any drugs?
Which part of the body are affected and which are spared?
Can you upload photos of the affected area?

Answer the questions and upload the photos and we can continue the discussion here.
Till the time you can apply a good quality moisturizer like Venusia lotion twice daily.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

Regards.
DrSudarshan
Dermatology.
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 2 minutes later
i have since childhood, i wont use any drugs. dryskin is throughout the complete body.

i dont have any other health issues.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi Again,
Thanks for the details.
I still cannot see your photos.
Description along with history since childhood suits the diagnosis of ichtyosis vulgaris.

Ichthyosis vulgaris is a genetic condition.
It can worsen in winter season.
You need to apply VENUSIA XXXXXXX cream daily once in morning.
Apply XERINA cream over hands and feet every night.
Use OILATUM bathing liquid 10 drops to your bathing water.Taking bath with it will automatically moisturize your skin.This will avoid flaking.

Few drugs like Acetretin can give you long time relief.
Also few procedures like electroporation with essential fatty acids can give you relief for 3-4 months with one sitting.
The prescription drugs and procedures can be done at dermatology clinics.
Consult a qualified dermatologist for the same.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
DrSudarshan