Could headache,joints pain after protected sex be because of HIV?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
hi, i have protected sex with prostitute.then next day onwards i have symptoms like burning in stomach and my back for ten days.after that i feel headache,joint pains and fatigue.the incident was done 30 days ago .but i still feel like sick.i am in worry that it is hiv?.please help me.i am in fear and worried about hiv. please help me. is it hiv?
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Test for HIV if you any doubts.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

I have gone through your history and understand your concern, as you had protected sex with the prostitute chance of getting HIV will not be there

The symptoms of burning sensation in stomach, back, headache,joint pains and fatigue is may be due to other infections which should be evaluated by physical examination and lab investigations.

I would suggest you to undergo HIV testing like Chemiluminiscent Microparticle Immunoassay (CMIA) test, which is done to detect P24 antigen of HIV and antibodies to HIV 1/2.

P 24 antigen test which is useful in the immediate short term i.e. 2-4 weeks after infection and HIV 1/2 test after 90 days of possible exposure.

I Hope your results will be negative for HIV infection, as the possibility of HIV infection in your condition is very very remote.

Thank you.

Follow-up: Could headache,joints pain after protected sex be because of HIV? 38 minutes later
thank you sir for your answer,
in the intercorse the condom didn't get slip or broken.with in one day i have burning sensation in my stomach.my doubt is that, it is failure of condom?.is condom failure is possible in my condition?.please tell me.

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chance of condom failure is less

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query,

With the history provided by you, chance of condom failure is very very less.

Only to remove anxiety I have suggested you to undergo HIV testing.

I hope the tests will be negative for HIV.

Thank you.