Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Child suffering for blood dysentry. Motion culture is normal and taking taxim-o. Suggest remedy to get relief

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1967
Answered : 2341 Questions
sir my kid is 2 years old and suffering for bloody dysentry for 10 days motion culture is normal doc has given taxim-o tab but not found any relief ,and she takes bufflao milk daily.pls suggest the remidy.
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infective diarrhea, needs antibiotic treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking question on health care magic
I understand your concern for your baby
In such conditions I would prescribe,

Walamycin 2 times daily
Sporolac one XXXXXXX daily dissolved in water
Zn-20 5 ml daily for 14 days
Give curd rice or double boiled rice with buttermilk
Buffellow milk is difficult to digest. Remove cream after boiling and give in 3:1 dilution
Cyclopam drops 10 drops 2-3 times daily to relieve colicky pain
within 3-4 days your kid will get relief.

You need a prescription for these medicines, so I request you to discuss with your pediatrician to change the medicines.
If no improvement after 5 days, better consult pediatrician.

Hope this answer will serve your purpose
Please feel free to ask any more queries if required
Take care
Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH
Associate professor of pediatrics
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor