Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Child is having watery eye and runny nose. No improvement after treatment. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
My 2 year nephew having problem of running nose from last one year. He is looking weak y body structure. From birth he have some problem with nose. Earlier to this he was haviing problem of watering eyes and after that running nose. He was treated here in Raipur with different medication but no change. What to do sir..?
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us.

I understand your concern.

As per symptoms mentioned by you,your nephew is having allergic rhinitis.
In some children below 2 years of age there is sensitization to some indoor allergens leading to clear nasal discharge,nasal itching,watery eyes.

Common indoor allergens are;
dust mites/animal dander/indoor moulds/cockroaches/feathers/pollens.etc

I suggest you to get him examined by pediatrician as some tests will be needed like CBC,IgE level.

Environmental control plays an important role.Identify allergen and avoid it.Removal of trigger has a dramatic effect.

Medication which are helpful are antihistamines,corticosteroid sprays.,decongestants
Discuss it with your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query,if you have any other question I would be glad to help.

God bless!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor