Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Child has rust colored spot on palm. What is it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2610 Questions
my four year old grandson has a pea sized rust colored stain or spot on the palm of his hand. His farther has tried all kinds of soap even paint thinner to try to remove it but nothing seems to work. What do you think he has??
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 9 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
From the information that you have provided and from the picture it appears to be haematoma, is a localized collection of blood outside the blood vessels. It is quite common following blunt trauma. Most of the children while playing they will have some minor trauma that they will be unaware off, i think it is one of those.
Hematomas of the skin and soft tissues are often treated with rest, ice, compression, elevation of the affected part. The pain of a hematoma is usually due to the inflammation surrounding the blood and may be treated with over the counter pain medications in case if he has pain, It is very minor one it will fade on its own.
I advice you to not to touch the affected part or to press it, it usually resolves within week. It will be better if you see GP if it persists even after 4 to 5 days.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor