Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
163 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Chest pain with uneasiness, not continuous

Answered by
Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma

Cardiologist, Interventional

Practicing since :1996

Answered : 192 Questions

Posted on Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am having light pain in my chest for the last couple of days.I feel bit uneasy during that time.Breathing problem is not there.The pain is not continuous.
Answered by Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma 14 hours later

Thank you for the query and also for sending the reports. I have seen them in detail.

Since you have Hypertension and Diabetes, it is essential that you do not ignore or disregard chest discomfort.

You should get a 12-lead ECG at the earliest and get the ECG seen by a cardiologist. If there are changes in the ECG, you may need further investigation and treatment as appropriate. A blood test (Quantitative cardiac Troponin I or Troponin T) can be done to rule out an acute coronary syndrome.

If the ECG is normal, you need to be investigated further for the cause of the chest pain. In view of the risk factors, you need to get a fasting lipid profile done and also a stress test like treadmill test. A stress test is usually not performed when you have ongoing chest pain. It has to be planned for a later, elective date.

Chest pain can also occur due to numerous other causes including acidity, musculo skeletal pains, neuropathy, inflammation of the coverings of the heart or lungs, non-ischemic cardiac causes, and lung diseases. If the pain is non-cardiac, you will need to be referred to the appropriate specialty and investigated accordingly.

I hope this answers your query. Feel free to contact me again for any further clarifications. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

With regards,
Dr RS Varma

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Electrocardiography

doctor1 MD

I got a 12 yr old and she is been getting dizzy and i check her blood pressure and it was 73/46 and she has been taking spells on me she get dizzy...

doctor1 MD

I am 69 years, weight 80kg, height 66 inches.Have a problem in speech which is not clear and is slur . Not diabetic, always worried about my family...

doctor1 MD

During the Follicular phase: menstral output is dark brown, I become, dizzy, vomit, leg/chest/back pain,next day feel like I ve had a stroke (...

doctor1 MD

My son is 9. He has asthma and is allergic to everything.. for 6 years everynight he wheezes and coughs. They put him in hospital lastweek for...

doctor1 MD

Hi. I am experiencing some strange synptoms. When i stand up to walk inget exteemely dizzy and my heart rate spikes. Im concerned. I feel thunping...

doctor1 MD

Kindly provide ECG reporting,

doctor1 MD

Hello, I have mild Hashimoto's and undifferentiated connective tissue disease. Also, I'm in a treatment period for anxiety and obsessive compulsive...