Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Can squint eyes be corrected during our 30s?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1176 Questions
I am 32 years old and have a squint in my left eye, since birth. I was operated upon when in school (4th Standard) but the squint was slightly corrected, not totally.
My left eye vision is next to minimal wherein I cannot see a clear image of objects - let alone reading etc.
So my questions are -
1. At this age, can the squint be corrected?
2. If yes, can it be possible to have a perfect vision like my right eye (Right eye number is 0)?
Sun, 11 Mar 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Squint can be corrected.

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Your squint can be corrected after surgery.The improvement in vision is doubtful as by not seeing for so long,the looses the power to see.This power can be regained by exercises till the age of 12.
The problem in your case will not be the surgery,as the squint will be corrected but keeping the eye straight.In the absence of good vision within 10 to 12 years eyes again drift as there is no vision to hold the eyes together.
I hope I have answered all your questions,still if you feel there is some query remaining,please do get back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor