Can reducing Lorazepam dosage cause anxiety?
Brief answer.It would be normal to feel some anxiety if the dose is reduced
Thanks for chosing health care magic,
I have gone through your query and understand your concern towards your relapse of anxiety on reducing the dose of lorazepam
I can say that there is a possibility to feel anxiety on reducing the dose....as your body system might got adapted to that dose which can be dealt by pharmacokinetics that differs in each and every individual
I would also like to know some more information regarding any stressors, predisposing factors just before relapse of your symptoms
As you are taking Cipralex, I would like to know the indication whether it is anxiety, depression or both
It would be helpful for me to advise you in better way if you can provide these details
Hope this information would be helpful to you
Feel free to ask any further questions
Brief answer..relapse might be due to abrupt discontinuation of drug
I have gone through your follow up query and understand that you stopped Cipralex abruptly once you felt better....as it is not advisable to do so...
I just wanted to give information about that it must be continued for 6-9 months... Once antidepressants like Cipralex were started.... as it has an antianxiety action...abrupt discontinuation may cause relapse of symptoms
So, there is nothing to worry now, I would suggest you to follow your doctors advise... and if you give up lorazepam ...the relapse may not occur always...if your anxiety is treated with other drugs appropriately
Hope this information is helpful
Brief answer..k...you can again start on antianxiety drugs based on advise
I have understood your query and I just wanted to say that it (cipralex) has to be continued for 6-9 months even after you get complete relief from all symptoms. Abrupt discontinuation will cause relapse.
But if symptoms relapse despite using cipralex, I would not be overly worried. I would advise you to be started on antianxiety drugs again. This will take care of the relapsing symptoms. Please discuss with your treating doctor.
Feel free to ask clarifications if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does increased dosage of prozac cause anxiety problems
- Anxiety or anxiety cause fast heart rate
- Natural ways to reduce anxiety
- Anxiety causes
- Klonopin dosage for severe anxiety
- Steps to reduce anxiety
- Bisoprolol fumarate to reduce anxiety
- Breathing techniques to reduce anxiety
- Dosage of ativan for anxiety
- Will increasing zoloft dosage cause anxiety
- What is Akineton used for in the treatment of schizophrenia?
- How long does Temazepam make you sleep?
- Suggest ways to manage sudden bouts of anger
- Suggest a herbal treatment to help insomnia
- How can constant feminine thoughts and cross dressing be managed in a...
- Is Anti-rabies vaccination is required even if no indication of bat bite...
- Suggest appropriate OTC medication for anxiety
- Is it good to resume Adderall after discontinuation for many years for...
- Can reducing Lorazepam dosage cause anxiety?
- What contraceptive pills are effective at preventing pregnancy?