Can incisions after a laparoscopy cause trapped gas and pain?
It is normal to have such pain.
Just after 5 days of a laparoscopic surgery it is normal to have a bruised feeling in the area of stitches. The bruised feeling may remain till 2 weeks after the surgery. The abdominal gas can increase the pain.
The symptoms you are having are normal. You can have a high fiber diet and more of salads and fresh fruits to decrease the abdominal gas.
Since the ultrasound scan is normal and no infection has been detected there is no need to worry.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Carbon dioxide pain after laparoscopy
- Abdominal pain after laparoscopy
- Laparoscopy leg pain
- Seviour back pain after laparoscopy
- Gas pain after laparoscopy
- Bladder pain after laparoscopy
- Belly button pain after laparoscopy
- Pain after laparoscopy
- Laparoscopy gas pain relief
- Laparoscopy incision weeping
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...