Can i take Japanese encephalitis vaccine inspite of having epilepsy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013
Excellent

Neurologist
Question
I am Mr. XXXXXX from Barpeta, XXXXXXX I am an Epileptic patient taking TEGRITOL-200 twice daily along with Psychiatric medicine - Prodip-20 (one tab daily) and Repadone-1mg(one tab. daily) now. Pl let me know whether I am able to take Japanese Encephalities Vaccine or not .
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take the vaccine.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your medical details about epilepsy and current medications.

You can safely take the Japanese encephalitis vaccine and there would not be any side effects due to your epilepsy or medications for it.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in