question-icon

Can high blood pressure cause headache and nosebleeds?

Posted on Wed, 3 Oct 2018
Question: I have experienced mild to moderate headaches around the right head, neck and eye. Today napped two hours and woke to heavy nosebleed lasting several minutes, headache gone bleeding abated. Is it because of high BP?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (46 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Nose bleeding

Detailed Answer:

If you continue to bleed, however small the amount it is better to get examined. Put an ice pack over the nose and see the doctor for bleeding stopping measures like packing the nose with gauze or cauterized the bleeding points.

If the bleeding is stopped it is pertinent to understand the reasons for bleeding. Nose bleeding is recurrent. Generally the nose picking, high BP are common in your case. Stop Aspirin for a day or two. Check your blood pressure, pulse.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Suma Parinam, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam