Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Can glyco-a and fadeout cause iritated torn skin ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 157 Questions
Iam 43 years old ,i wanted to remove scars caused by pimple on my checks and upper head, a friend recommended fadeout and then another friend recommended glyco-a cream only at nite.and in morning to scrub my face,now i have irritated torn skin...kindly advice me
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Follow-up: Can glyco-a and fadeout cause iritated torn skin ? 5 minutes later
Please doctor also advise me how to use the glyco-a cream effectively,i have an oil face.Also kindly advise me on the cleanser ,day mosituriser and best sunblock
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

Generally Dermatologist recommend Glyco A cream for superficial scars. Deeper scars are difficult to clear with any product advertised. It generally requires certain cosmetic procedures.

Erythema(redness), peeling of the skin is usually encountered side-effects during the initial usage. Don't rub too much over the scars and don't apply over the normal skin. If the burning sensation doesn't come down please stop using it and consult the doctor.

Cetaphil cleanser you can use like a facial wash. MMFE moisture lotion apply 3 times a day and Suncote lotion ,apply in the morning 30 minutes before going out.

Read the instructions given along with the product if get any confusion.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor