Can genetic tests detect cystic fibrosis post pregnancy?
I read carefully the history you provide and I have some questions for you such as: what is the chest CT result; have you ever been evaluated for allergy, sinusitis or gastric reflux?
Sometimes one of them might be the cause of a cough.
If the CF genetic test is negative once there is no chance to be positive later on.
If you were my patient I would recommend you to do the above.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Jnikolla, Pulmonologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lump in neck cystic fibrosis
- Cystic fibrosis achromobacter
- Cystic fibrosis vaginal discharge
- Cystic fibrosis blood test pregnancy
- Cystic fibrosis and heart palpitations
- Cystic fibrosis prenatal testing
- Cystic fibrosis swelling in eyes
- Cystic fibrosis back ache
- Noni juice for cystic fibrosis
- Adult cystic fibrosis sweat test
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?