Can flucloxicillin taken to treat staphyllococus aureas result in hypoglycaemia?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can flucloxicillin taken to treat staphyllococus aureas result in hypoglycaemia?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer....it doesn't have any effect on blood sugar levels
Detailed answer...
The most common side effects of flucloxacillin are skin rashes and gastrointestinal in nature.
It doesn't result in any change in blood sugar levels of a person.Neither it causes HYPERGLYCEMIA nor hypoglycemia.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks