Can Zoloft be tapered off after taking it for 12 years?
Taper by 25mg every two weeks.
The tapering of any antidepressant should be done very slowly to prevent discontinuation symptoms.
I would advise you to taper Zoloft by 25mg every two weeks (under your doctor's supervision).
Take plenty of fluids along with that. Take adequate diet, especially green vegetables and salads. You can take tablet paracetamol, if you experience any flu-like symptoms.
Also please be aware about relapse of symptoms of anxiety and depression. In such case, stay on the dose on which you were feeling normal.
Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Taking zoloft at night
- Shakiness nervousness and dizziness after taking zoloft
- How to take zoloft doses
- Cani take zoloft and senna
- Alcohol while taking zoloft
- Quit taking zoloft
- Nausea after taking zoloft and epilim
- When to take zoloft
- Is it safe to take nyquil with zoloft
- How to start taking zoloft