Can Valsartan Hydrochlorothiazide be taken safely by someone with hypertension?
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that eye problems are a very rare adverse effect of this drug.
More common adverse effects are low blood pressure, hyperkalemia, headache, nausea, dizziness and allergic reactions.
Anyway, I would recommend starting in a lower dose( half a tablet) for one week and then increase the dose to one tablet in order to avoid possible adverse effects and have a better toleration.
Hope to have been helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hydrochlorothiazide for hypertension
- Is oxyelite pro safe for hypertension
- Is wine safe for hypertension
- Is clindamycin safe for hypertensive patients
- Is viagra safe for hypertensive
- Is celestamine safe for hypertension
- Is celestamine safe for hypertensive people
- Gatorade safe hypertension
- Is pepto bismol safe for hypertension
- Is clindamycin safe for hypertension