Can Tiazac and Advair be taken together?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 11 Nov 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hi, is it common practise to take Tiazac xc and Advair? I have asthma for 45 years and now when I am 49 years old I also have High blood pressure approx.. 170/105.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you should take Tiazac xc for high blood pressure.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on HealthcareMagic.
I can understand your concern.

Your blood pressure reading is very high.

At any age, if we don't treat such hypertension, it can lead to severe detrimental complications. So better to take anti-hypertensive medications.

Tiazac xc is having diltiazem. It is the antihypertensive drug.
So you should start taking it.

Also, continue Advair for asthma.

So you have to take both, Tiazac xc and Advair.

Yes, it is common practice to take Tiazac xc and Advair when you are suffering from both Asthma and hypertension.

Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further.

Wish you good health.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee