What causes pain and pressure in the rectum when diagnosed with hemorrhoids?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 19 Jan 2018 in Lump
Question: I had hemmeoids I think that itched and burned but that part is gone. but rectum still hurts and feel pressure when sitting or lying down.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible polyp or fisure

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome. Well,pain and burning may persist for some time even if hemorrhoids are not present anymore. However there may be another cause such as polyps or anal fissure so you should do prctologist exam for further treatment. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 44 minutes later
Is there anything to help polyps or anal fissures.

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes, please see the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

Well, the fissure can be treated with Diltiazem cream, botulin injections or small surgical procedure.

Polyps require surgical procedure similar to hemorrhoids treatment. However, it would be good to establish the right diagnosis first by anoscopy.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee