question-icon

Can Solvin be given for fever in a child?

Posted on Wed, 30 Jul 2014
Question: 8 yr old kid, having fever 102, can I give only solvin cold 250 mg tab
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani (14 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You can give only Paracetamol

Detailed Answer:
Hi... By what you quote I feel your kid is having only viral illness.

I would like to know more about your kid's problem -
1.Is it only fever or is there associated cold and cough also?
2. How long has the fever been there?
3. Is the kid well looking and active when there is no fever?
4. What is the weight of the kid?

If its only fever - I suggest you to give Paracetamol at the dose of 15mg/kg/dose every 4 to 6th hourly, that too only if temperature is more than 100F.

If you can get back to me with the answers to the above questions, I would be more than happy to suggest you further, what to do.

Happy to help anytime. Wish your kid a speedy recovery.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology