Can Oxycodone cause kidney damage?

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: does oxycodone cause kidney problems? I've heard that aspirin does and oxycodone is for pain relief as well. Does oxycodone cause problems for the liver, etc?

Does aspirin cause damage to the kidneys?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
there are some problems

Detailed Answer:

all drugs have a lot of potential side effects. Oxycodone is not supposed to cause renal problems but it may increase the frequency of urinary tract infections. It may also increase the liver enzymes. Most of its side effects involve quite predictably the nervous system and the gastrointestinal system. Confusion, hallucinations, anxiety, nausea, vomiting, constipation, etc.

Aspirin may cause damage to the kidneys in high doses either by acting as a NSAID (reducing the renal blood flow) or by inflicting damage like papillary necrosis or interstitial nephritis.

I hope you find my answer helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.

Kind Regards!