Can Orthovisc injections cause rash/hives on body?
? Urticaria rash
welcome to healthcare magic.
I understand from your query that you are having hives on your body after 3 rd dose Of Orthovisc injection.
Orthovisc is an injection containing high molecular weight Hyaluronic acid derived from bacterial sources.
There is a possibility of an allergy developing as a reaction to this medication, as it is a foreign substance being introduced into your body.
It could sometimes be immediate or in some cases develop after the body is sensitized by 2- 3 injections.
However, I would like to mention other causes of hives so that you could eliminate them in case you have introduced any of them or had them recently before the onset of hives.
These include food items ( new vegetable, fruit, food colorants, food preservatives, nutrition supplements like green tea,etc), any other medications especially pain killers, infections like sore throat or urine infection and worm infestations.
If these are ruled out, I would advise you to consult your treating doctor and discuss about other treatment options.
You could take an antihistamine like Benadryl ( available over the counter) at bedtime for 5-7 days to reduce the hives.
Hope this helps you.
If you have any more queries, I will be glad to assist.
Dr. Johny Chacko
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dry and scaly skin around elbows and knees, use lotion regularly. Could...
- Having some strange spots on face with stinging and tingling sensation....
- Loosing hairs for last some time and used Mintop hair oil. Black marks...
- How to get rid of pimple scars?
- Having skin allergy, getting red rashes. Told to have Uritcaria. On...
- Had wrinkles, neck type pouch. Used radio waves to tighten, having more...
- Have had botox on forehead. Discovered a lump on forehead and vision...
- Diabetic, taking insulin along with Janumet and Glucophage. Having...
- Suffering from skin eruptions. Having burning and itching sensation. Cause?
- Getting eruptions these days. What could be the case?