Can Methotrexate help cure myasthenia gravis?
It is an immunomodulator drug used for refractory myasthenia.
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.
I think you have mistakenly written methotrexate as 'methotsexntc.Is it so?
It is one of the immunomodulator drugs may be used in refractory myasthenia gravis,when the disease does not respond well to steroids.It may also be used as a steroid sparing drug if steroids are causing significant side effects. However,even among immunomodulators it is used down the line after azathioprine,cyclosporine and mycophenolate mofetil.It is a second line agent for myasthenia.
If you want to know some further details,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hcg and myasthenia gravis
- Cure myasthenia gravis
- Treatment and cure for ocular myasthenia gravis
- Diagnosed ocular myasthenia gravis help
- Treatment and cure for Myasthenia gravis
- Treatment and cure for myasthenia gravis disease
- Can soliris cure myasthenia gravis?
- Dental extractions and myasthenia gravis
- Myasthenia gravis iron overload
- Tooth extraction and myasthenia gravis