Can Losar or Asomex be taken in place of Telma?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Elderly Problems
Question: My father is 80 years and has high blood sugar, but these days it is in the range of 200; however his BP has been high despite Telma 40, should I shift to Losar 50? or Should I give him Asomex 2.5 mg?
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its better to start amlodipine.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic.

Losar and Telma both belong to same class of medicine called AT1 antagonist,Shifting from one to other i don't feel is going to help.You should ask your cardiologist to switch him to Amlodipine in morning and Losar or telma in evening.Doses of amlodipine(Asomex) can range from 2.5mg to 10mg depending on response of your father.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T