Can Inositol be taken for COPD?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 4 Jun 2019 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: my name is XXXXXXX I am 66 years old and I have COPD. I quit smoking 2 and 1/2 years ago. I am using an Advair inhaler twice a day. I recently started taking Inositol Powder which is supposed to support healthy membrane function for cellular health. it is also used to help with anxiety and depression which is why I am trying it to see if it helps. my question is would Inositol be something that would also help with COPD symptoms? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No!

Detailed Answer:

Inositol has no effect on asthma. There is no inkling information on that as a possibility.

However, quitting smoking is the single most important way of addressing your COPD and preventing worsening.

Hope I have answered your query.

I wish you well.

Dr. Ivo Ditah, Internal Medicine Specialist