Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

194 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Can I apply oxy bleach to remove the scar of chicken pox?

Answered by
Dr. R.G. Joshi


Practicing since :2003

Answered : 695 Questions

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello . I have just recovered from chicken pox. Its been almost 20 days since i got it. Now i am alright. Can i apply oxy bleach to my face now or should i wait? And what can i do for the marks
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Avoid bleach.Steroid and kojic caid will help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to health care magic. Chicken pox if occurs above the age of 20 leads to marks and scars.This is known as post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.It will subside on its own but will take time.Starting treatment will help in early clearing of marks. To begin with I will advise you to start a mild steroid cream like flutivate at day time.Apply it only on marks .Use it only for a week or at the most 2 weeks.This will help in early clearing of marks.Using product beyond this peroid will lead to side effects. At night time you can apply a combination of kojic acid and vitamin c cream.Carofit ultra is one such brand for this combination.Apply it to entire face.This will improve your skin texture and will also remove scars.You can continue this cream for 2 to 3 months as it does not have any side effects.Avoid sun as far as possible.Use a good sunscreen. In my opinion this will be enough to remove your scars.In case if you think recovery is slow you can go for chemical peels.You can consult a dermatologist for this procedure. Bleaching will irritate your skin so it will be better to avoid it. I hope this will help you.In case of any concerns I will be happy to help you. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Skin care

doctor1 MD

All of a sudden my skin from face to feet got hot and red. My hands turned white and the circulation in my hands did not seem right. I got the chills and became very cold and shaky. I took a shower because I thought maybe it was from a body lotion but I have been using it for several weeks. It is called gold bond. This happened on Sunday and again just an hour ago. I have no idea what is going on

doctor1 MD

I have had deep cysts in my underarms and upper inner thigh area. They are often painful and drain either by pressure or on their own. They typically appear right before I menstruate. I have a cream to apply for treatment but I am wondering if I can get microdermabrasion to help with the discoloration from scarring and for just a smoother unclogged underarm.

doctor1 MD

Hi Doc MY NAME IS TAMMY I am having skin problems I am experiencing skin patches that looks like regular sores as if I may have scrap my skin , but when I remove the brown spots off the sore area I notice that there is a deep pore hol as if their eating deep in to my skin they are all over my body can you please direct me to what I can do or should I see a specialist

doctor1 MD

Hi I used veet too get rid of all my pubic hair and iv always used it but now im pregnant and my skin is extra sensitive and when I used it it burned me and all the skin around my vagina is irriated and itchy and burnt and its been 2 weeks. Its just my skin. When will it go away? My dr just said put benadryl on it. But im sick of it when will it be better. Its so red.

doctor1 MD

hi, I was just curious if a topical drug that has an alcohol base could enter my bloodstream thus effecting my blood alcohol level. Also can skin care products alcohol base enter the bloodstream if applied to the skin?

doctor1 MD

In mid 50s now and as in the past and still now, every time I have sexual intercourse I breakout with acne . Sometimes painful acne. What is going on and how do I correct this without stopping my sex life?

doctor1 MD

my question is regarding the redness of my skin basically I have a fair skin tone, and my redness occur on my check area s. I follow a proper skin care routine 2 time s facewash ( Himalayan face wash), moisturiser ( Nivea Soft), and using of...