Can HSV-1 be contracted through oral sex?
Yes, you could've spread HSV1 to him
Dear young lady,
HSV 1 is a virus that once you get infected, it lies dormant in your ganglia waiting to be reawakened in case of low immunity, periods etc. It usually spreads only in the upper part of the body, and HSV2 is the one spreading in the lower parts and causing genital herpes.
But there have been cases of HSV1 causing genital herpes. They spread in the nerves in the lower part of your body and infect the lower ganglia. This is not very common.
As you know, the immunity toward HSV1 is not very strong, thus the virus keeps getting reawakened. I may be possible that you have infected his lower part of the body with HSV1, and it may lie dormant in his dorsal root ganglia. Or it may not infect and disappear.
Time will tell.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes disorientation while on Phenytoin?
- What causes low platelet and hemoglobin counts while treating dengue?
- What causes bleeding from scrotum?
- Are Tegaderm wound dressings breathable?
- What causes pain in the left upper thigh?
- What causes severe abdominal pain?
- How can a wound on the side of the toe be treated?
- What causes blood in mucus along with cold?
- Suggest treatment for post-nasal drip causing green phlegm in the throat
- How can a lump on the back be treated?