Can Ferrous Sulfate taken for iron deficiency cause pimples on the scalp?
it could be a hypersensitivity reaction
iron may cause hypersensitivity reactions (allergy). There are many potential manifestations. Skin rash is a very common one. Clobetasol sounds like a more likely cause of hair loss than iron particularly if hair loss started after initiating clobetasol.
Perhaps you can try taking a different iron tablet and using an antihistamine instead of the corticosteroid solution. Remember to ask your doctor before changing your regimen.
I hope it helps!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Borderline iron deficiency causes
- Iron deficiency causes
- Mastrubating causes iron deficiency
- Implanon cause iron deficiency
- Iron deficiency pimple rash
- Causes of iron deficiency anaemia
- Iron deficiency anemia causes
- Dietary iron deficiency causes
- Latent iron deficiency causes
- Secondary iron deficiency causes