Can Eliquis cause itchy rashes on the body?
it is a rare but possible side effect.
Hi, thanks for your query.
It can cause rash to occur in some persons , but it is rare, it occurs in less than 10% of persons.
Eliquis can also cause a hypersensitivity reaction (meaning the drug reacts with the immune system), this can cause an itchy rash to occur. This reaction occurs in less than 1% of persons who use it
The rash would be expected to cover a relatively wide area
Though both of these are rare, it is a possible reaction and it may be the case for you.
it would be best to speak to your doctor, other possible causes would need to be ruled out first unless the reaction is severe
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions.
A rash can also rarely occur with spironolactone.
Sorry for the delayed reply.
the fact that the symptoms started just after the onset of both of these meds does imply that at least one of them is the cause.
Spironolactone can a rash and itching in approximately 0.1 to 1% of persons, so this is also a rare but possible side effect.
There are no known interactions between the meds so the rash and itching are not due to an interaction between the two meds.
Hope this helps you.
Dr. Michelle Gibson James, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is headache a side effect of eliquis?
- Is nosebleeds a side effect of eliquis?
- Is constipation a side effect of eliquis?
- Is itching a side effect of eliquis?
- Will the intake of eliquis cause constipation
- Is dizziness a side effect of eliquis?
- Can eliquis cause leg pain and weakness when walking
- Is skin rash a side effect of eliquis?
- Is confusion a side effect of eliquis?
- Is fainting a side effect of eliquis?
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?