Can DNS cause sinus infection?
Yes,DNS can also cause sinus infection,so better to see an ENT doctor
Welcome to health care magic,
There could be many reasons behind sinus infection which are infection (bacterial or viral),allergy (dust,fumes) or nasal polyp or deviated nasal septum etc.
As you have asked about DNS (deviated nasal septum),then yes it may also cause acute sinusitis frequently but it must be examined by the expert (ENT doctor) to come at a certain conclusion.Without examination I will not be able to comment exactly.
One more thing,If you acquire minor sinus infection occasionally then I would advise you to take symptomatic treatment like
1) Antiallergic drugs (cetrizine or levocetrizine) with mast cell stabilizers (montelukast) to combat allergic symptoms.
2) Decongestants like phyenylephrine if you have congestive symptoms in nose or throat.
3) Steroid nasal spray like rhinocort,flonase or beconase if severe runny nose.
4) Nebulisation twice daily with saline or take steam inhalation 2 to 3 times a day.
But as you said if you always have minor sinus infection then it would be advisable to see ENT specialist who will examine your nasal cavity and may order some routine blood works with X-ray face and will try to rule out the possibility of DNS,nasal polyp or mass or some infection which are not the uncommon causes nowadays.
Hope this information will be helpful.Feel free to ask if you have any more doubt.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sinus infection caused by serratia
- Sinus infection causing coughing
- Severe sinus infection causes
- Fungal sinus infections causes
- Frequent sinus infections causes
- Common cause of sinus infection
- Sinus infection cause palpitations
- Allergic sinus infection causes
- Sinus infection cause burping
- Sinus infection cause vomiting