What Does A Phantom Scent Indicate After Recovering From A Sinus Infection?
Could this be related to recovering from the infection?
Features of Acute sinusitis...
Thanks for posting the query,
The symptoms you are facing is of Acute sinusitis. The altered sensation of smell is due to the damage to the sensitive olfactory nerve endings by the toxins produced during acute infection. Do not worry! It is transient and the symptoms will disappear once the inflammation and infection in the nose and the sinuses clear off.
The sense of dizziness is due to the sudden flush out of carbon-dioxide from the upper respiratory tract.
My sincere advice to you is:
1. To drink plenty of warm water. This hydrates as well as rejuvenates the nasal mucosa and clears the thick secretions from the sinus cavities.
2. Use saline nasal spray, 1 puff in each nostril, 5-6 times a day. Saline clears the mucus, removes the toxins from the nasal mucosa thereby reducing the toxic effects on the sensitive nerve endings.
3. Avoid coffee, chilled food and beverages and smoking if any.
Hope this answers your query. I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drooping brow frontal sinus
- Non stop nose bleed due to sinus
- Ear pressure lump behind sinus
- Is celestamine good for sore throat hayfever sinus
- Steam inhaler for sinus
- Exercise with pilonidal sinus
- What causes opacification of maxillary sinus
- Ear discharge sinus
- Polyp of maxillary sinus
- Does steroids cause pilonidal sinus