Can Clonidine and Metroprolol taken for a duration cause an allergy?
Resistance and allergy
Angioedema is type of allergic reaction.
Person may develop resistance to blood pressure medication after few years so they may fail to control pressure. They do not develop allergy. Resistance and allergy are different mechanisms.
Yes an immunologist can ask for few blood test which can test for allergy. there are no blood tests for resistance but just frequent measuring BP can help identify resistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?