Can ADHD symptoms be seen in adults?

Excellent

Rheumatologist
Question
All my life I have been completely horrible with directions and remember people's names. it is even a little worse now that I'm older. I'm 35 years old female. In school I was always told I have poor attention to detail. is this normal or somthing that should be looked into??
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that in my opinion not much is required as this happens with some patients , you could be having Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder which is very common entity but goes unrecognised as it can be so mild that may go unnoticed .

Rest if you dont have any other symptoms its just alright and nothing to be worried of .

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Can ADHD symptoms be seen in adults? 10 minutes later
I w as thinking that too as I am an OT and am familiar w ADHD with children. is very poor attention to detail a sign??? it just gets frustrating that I can't remember my residents names and it takes many encounters to remember. what about the ability to navigate? I'm horrible and always have been! is that a clue to possible ADHD? ?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thanks for reverting back.

I think you need evaluation for this and Yes ADHD can present with all these features and it can occur in adults also quite commonly .

Dr. Shruti