• question-icon

Can Concerta affect the growth of the penis?

Posted on Wed, 16 Aug 2017 in Men's Health
Question: I took concerta from ages 6-18. At first my doctor started doses small but they began to increase very quickly around age 11. By age 14 I was taking 72mg a day. Until I was about 18.5years old. My question is: I have witnessed a few things that I used to tell myself " oh it will come in" such as body hair (exluding head hair) and penis size. Is this normal? Should I keep telling myself "it will come in" or is there a process I could use to ensure it will happen?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please specify your query .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

You have been taking Methylphenidate (Concerta) from the age of 6 years for ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and have doubt about the size of your penis and other aspects related to growth .

I shall be happy if you can post me more details about your problems or doubts to help me in making precise comments
1) Do you get normal morning erection ?
2) Do you get hard erection ?
3) Will you upload photograph of your penis both in flaccid state and on erection ?

The drug Methylphenidate does not interfere with growth pattern of a patient taking it neither it has any side effect related to growth of the penis etc .

Expecting your feedback .please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist