Being treated for malaria with capquine. What is the duration of treatment? Can we have oral sex?

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Posted on Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My mate is currently being treated for malaria with capquine and he says some other abx. How long is treatment and can we have sex, more importantly oral sex?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Malaria is not transmitted through sex/oral sex Detailed Answer: Hi Ms XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Malaria is transmitted by two ways only :- * by a bite of an infected mosquito * Transfusion of blood from an infected individual. Therefore, physical contact, normal sex or even oral sex DOES NOT transmit the disease. The treatment with capquine is usually for 10-14 days. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal