Are severe pain in the right side of the chest along with productive cough normal while having chronic bronchitis?

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Thu, 6 Sep 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have pain in right side near lung are with productive cough. Can not lie down on my right side. No fever or chills.Pain has been present for 4 days. History of chronic bronchitis. Right kidney removed in 2014 d/t cancer in it.

Pain has been present for 4 days. History of chronic bronchitis. Right kidney removed in 2014 d/t cancer in it.
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please do a chest X-ray.

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern.

As you explain the history it would be better for you to do a chest X-ray, a CPR blood test because the lungs should be evaluated in such conditions.

Please discuss with your doctor for the above or you can attach me the results and i will try to help you again.

Hope to have been helpful.

Dr. Jnikolla, Pulmonologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana