Are painful lumps on the seat bone indicative of cysts?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi Dr., A few months ago I found a lump, in my left thigh mid way down in the groove between the front and back thigh muscles. It was about the size of 1 and 1/2 quarters, not protruding, hard or painful but noticeable if I ran my finger along that groove between the 2 large thigh muscles. A couple weeks ago it became very painful (stabbing/charlie horsey) and a day or so after that there was brusing. It was very painful for about a week. Now the brusing and lump are gone it is still tender in that area.
Then about a week ago when I sat up in the morning I felt pain in my right seat bone and it felt as if I was sitting on something. There is also a deep subtle lump, circular, 4'' centered more or less over my seat bone. This brused right away and now pretty much my entire but cheek is brused. The lump is still there, a bit smaller and less painful than the first couple days but still considerably uncomfortable. Are these cysts, why would I suddenly start getting them, are they dangerous?
I am a 54 year old woman. I'm very physical, I run a equestrian buisness and work 7 days a week I have had many injuries over the years (including L 3,4,and 5 isuses and pelvic hair line fractures) but nothing I'm aware of to the sights of these 2 brusing lumps.
Tue, 15 May 2018 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please attach a photo of it.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Can you please attach a photo of it? Otherwise it is very hard to give precise answer. Your description is very detailed, so the lump might be a cyst (pilonidal, sebaceous), but without seeing it, its really hard to tell.

I`m looking forwards to hearing from you.
Regards.