Are flatulence, gas and pain in the stomach side effects if Jalra50?
My fasting glucose level is between 60 to 85, after breakfast average is below 140, after lunch average is 135 to 180.
Recently Doctor advised (around 1 month back) to take jalra50, as MY HBA1c level is 8.5. After start taking JALRA 50, I am feeling FALAUTULENCE, GAS PROBLEM, LITTLE PAIN IN STOMACH SOME TIMES, ESPECIALLY from the evening on wards.is it side effect of JALRA50. Requesting U R advise please.
please see details
1. As per standard literature pain in stomach and flatulence/ gas problem are known side effects associated with use of vildagliptin or jalra tablets. But we must keep in mind that not all patients who use this medicine develop such symptoms.
2. However a number of agents are there in your prescription which can cause flatulence and pain abdomen. These include becozil Z, garlic pearls, Beetroot + carrot juice. In fact, any allopathic medicine can cause such symptoms.
3. Since you are having these symptoms only after starting the drug, a plausible association is there. However you must consult your physician before substituting this drug. At times these side effects disappear after some time of use. At times changing the brand proves to be beneficial. Your physician may also try another medicine from same group with similar benefits.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cymbalta side effects stomach pain
- Is stomach pain, gas, or heartburndiarrhea a side effect of gemfibrozil?
- Flatulence side effect of domstal
- What causes stomach pain diarrhea and flatulence smell
- Adderall side effects stomach pain
- Is stomach gas a side effect of elmiron?
- Is gas with abdominal or stomach pain a side effect of humira?
- Tetralysal side effects flatulence
- Is gas in the stomach a side effect of escitalopram?
- Is gas with abdominal or stomach pain a side effect of adalimumab?