Are dizziness and nausea a sign of orthostatic hypotension?
Or is this something else I should have looked at sooner?
Some stomach issues with what I eat goes right thru me.
Possible orthostatic hypotension
I can certainly understand your concern
I have worked through your attached query in detail.
As per your symptoms of dizziness 30 min after waking up from sleep suggests postural drop in blood pressure causing dizziness. This could be related to autonomic system dysfunction.
The possibility of ear disease responsible for your symptoms is less likely.
Postural hypotension should be carefully searched for a cardiac disease. For this I advise you to get a 24 HOLTER ambulatory ECG recording and a 2 D ECHOCARDIOGRAM.
Simultaneously ear disease has to be thoroughly evaluated.
Maintain adequate hydration by taking 2 liters of water a day.
Review with reports to determine further course of action
Post your further queries if any
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pyridostigmine dose for orthostatic hypotension
- Will levophed treat orthostatic hypotension ?
- Duodenal ulcer orthostatic hypotension
- Can nausea be due to orthostatic hypotension ?
- Postural orthostatic hypotension
- Orthostatic hypotension t wave inversion
- Are weakness symptoms of orthostatic hypotension ?
- Orthostatic hypotension treatment
- Orthostatic hypotension norethisterone
- Orthostatic hypotension with headachedizziness and nausea
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails